Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Girls Are Back In Town

Allison and Norah Mae made it home to Michigan safely and I couldn't be happier! I know I have to share my girls but I do not have to like it. Norah flew on her first airplane and couldn't have been better. After boarding both planes she fell asleep which leads me to believe she takes after her mother and will be able to sleep any where. I took the day off from work and drove to Grand Rapids to pick them up, I was excited to see Norah still remembered me. The smile on her face melted my heart and was a strong reminder of how much I love her, not that I could forget.Last weekend was a good one, on Saturday we went to the local farmers market to get some fresh fruits and veggies. Norah started eating her first people food, she seems to like it. I hope she takes after her father and will enjoy a multitude of foods. Later in the day I got bored and suggested that we take a hike and try out our new backpack carrier. We didn't have to venture far to find some hiking trails. One of the good things about Michigan is there is no lack of state parks. We chose a nice little hike along duck lake, Norah was beside herself with all of the new stuff to look at. I can't wait to get her back out there. Saturday night I volunteered at a local salute to the military. It was a very cool thing, I was in the presence of a WWII purple heart recipient and the family of a local guy that lost his life in Afghanistan. I am proud to have taken part in this. On Monday I was looking out our back window and I saw a turtle, I thought it was strange and then I realized what it was doing, laying its eggs. Allison and I looked it up and found out we should expect to see baby turtles crawl out of our lawn sometime in August. I am looking forward to a nice 3 day weekend this week and I'm sure the family and I will get into something good.







No comments:

Post a Comment