Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Life Aquatic

Saturday was a great day due to a random act of kindness from a friend on www.Phishhook.com. I met her outside of the Baltimore National Aquarium www.aqua.org/ and she gave me a free ticket to get in. $25.50 savings. I brought my friend from the OAK Christian "Legs" Glenn along with me and we had a great time. There was so much to see that we ended up spending about 3 hours walking around. Their tank was huge and had all sorts of colorful fish as well as some monster Sharks. My favorite part was the Terrarium, it was supposed to be just like the Amazon. All the animals were free roaming and flying around. I saw a pretty sweet little Ocelot. I was unable to get a photo of him though. After we had seen all there was to see at the aquarium we walked across the street to a nice little brewery/ale house called the Pratt St Ale House http://www.prattstreetalehouse.com/ . I had a delicious burger (The Raven) topped with pit beef, bbq sauce, horseradish sauce, chopped dill pickles and aged chedder. All topped off with a real nice IPA "Draft Punk". I am having a good time so far here in Baltimore but I sure do miss my beautiful wife at home in Charleston. Only 4 more days till I get to go home for the weekend. I can't wait. Till next time...Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment