Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tomfoolery In Charm City

Friday The 13th, I traveled to the Sidebar to attend a concert by the sinister sounding Koffin Kats. The concert was at the sidebar sidebartavern.com . The Koffin Kats were an awesome rockabilly band. The night was going good till the young punk kids started a mosh pit in the tiny bar. I know it sounds old but during my hay day I wouldn't have minded but I was just annoyed these days. Needless to say I made it back to the train at 10ish and was back in my bed at a reasonable hour.
I had duty on Saturday so it was pretty much a wash except I did watch the movie "My Week With Marilyn" about Marilyn Monroe. It was fantastic and I highly recommend it.
Sunday I got dropped off by the hotel shuttle at 930am at the MTA airport light rail station......I learnt that the light rail does not run until 11am on Sundays...Noted. I finally caught the train and made it to downtown Baltimore. My mission for the day was a visit to the Baltimore Tattoo Museum. I walked a long ways to find out it was not worth it. I ended up with the below picture and a tee shirt. I would not recommend. It did however lead me to a part of Baltimore called Fells Point. It reminded me of Portsmouth NH. In Fells Point I walked around enjoying the extremely nice day. I visited Saints and Sinners tattoo shop, I have been tattooed there before and I like that shop a lot. Right next door there is a great record/CD shop that I could have spent thousands in. It had every obscure musician that every major electronics store doesn't have. I was in heaven!! I walked past a sign that said 102 beers on tap, well who could pass that up so me being me I stopped in. Max's Tap House maxs.com lived up to the aforementioned sign and had an overwhelming beer selection. I was pretty hungry so I headed to Asahi Sushi www.asahisushifellspoint.com. It was the best sushi I have ever had. It was pretty inexpensive as well. It was so good in fact that the only picture I could get was after I had already eaten a good portion of it. I went to Goodwill afterwards and found myself another nice shirt for a bargain price.Goodwill is a fantastic place. Still I was not in the mood to go home so I stopped by a place some friends had told me about called Leadbetters www.leadbetterstavern.com . They had a special on Baltimore's home town beer "Natty Boh" nationalbohemian.com . That beer is pretty rough. But the bar was awesome. I was the only one in there. The bartender was very friendly and gave me some cool ghost stories about different places in Fells Point. At 4pm an old musician named Tim Fields came in to play some tunes. He was great!!! Like I said I was the only one there so I asked him to play some Waylon Jennings.....This dude knew every Waylon song and then some. I was very impressed. I practically ran back to the train station in order to make the last train of the day. 1st train in and last train out of Baltimore, this city is growing on me.
Also my better half searched Craigslist and found us a great new bedroom set at a steal of a price. Nice work beautiful. I can't wait to get home to see it. Only 12 more days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment