Monday, April 9, 2012

Loose Lips Sink Ships

Thursday I hopped into a sweet 2012 Nissan Versa rental car en route from Baltimore to Summerville. Nine excruciatingly long hours later and I was able to hold the love of my life in my arms. Allison was also there so that was nice hehe. Allison had been at the OBGYN Thursday afternoon, it was amazing to see the first images of our baby. I am so proud of how well Allison has been handling everything that is going on while I am away.
So anyways on Friday I went to Moncks Corner to have lunch with Allison at Miz Scarlets Table http://www.facebook.com/pages/Miz-Scarletts-Table/359950835659 It was a very nice lunch. I had a delicious bowl of She Crab soup and some Sweet Potato Tots. The diner has a very nice southern atmosphere and some of the best sweet tea I have ever had. After that I went to Artistic Ink http://www.facebook.com/artisticinksummerville and made a permanent statement of my love for my wife by getting our wedding date in roman numerals tattooed on my left hand ring finger. I like it because at work when I can't wear my wedding band I'll show that tattoo but when I want to hide it I can do so by just putting on my ring. I love it.
Saturday found Allison and I headed to local attraction the H.L. Hunley www.hunley.org
We had been putting off seeing the famous submarine for way too long. It was very interesting to see. Allison nor I had ever seen a full sized Civil War era sub in real life. We were unable to get any picture of it due to it being prohibited. We saw a bunch of neat artifacts found inside the sub which acted like a time capsule on the Charleston Harbor sea floor for 100 years. It was an all around fun day.
Easter Sunday I spent all day washing and waxing our vehicles in the wonderful South Carolina heat. When I say I spent all day waxing I am not exaggerating, we bought a new wax kit called Turtle Wax Black Box. It is a 4 part waxing system specifically designed for black vehicles. Although it was very time consuming, I have never seen a car shine so much. Allison was inside making us her special spaghetti sauce for our Easter Sunday dinner. She sure knows the way to this guys heart. Once she was done slaving over a hot stove all morning she came outside to enjoy the day and supervise my washing and waxing. All and all it was a great weekend and I hated to end it knowing I was leaving soon.
Monday was a full day of travel to get back to a place I don't want to be in the first place. I sure do miss my wonderful little family back in South Carolina. As I sit here in my hotel listening to some tunes on my Ipod and reading the whole mess I just wrote it dawned on me how lucky of a man I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment