Saturday, June 9, 2012

Goose Creek SC to Pigeon Forge Tenn to Indianapolis ID

Our travels started around 9am Friday morning. I have to admit it tugged at my heart strings a little bit knowing that we would not be returning to our first place as a family. South Carolina is a really awful highway drive. Its pretty long and boring. North Carolina and Tennessee on the other hand were absolutely beautiful. I was in awe with the Roadside wild flowers along the Blue Ridge parkway in NC and with the rolling hills of the Smokey Mountains. The scenery really helped pass the time on our first leg of our trip. We spent the night in a night little roadside inn in Pigeon Forge. They even gave us a coupon for free breakfast at the local pancake house. Last night we went to the Lumberjack Feud. It was so much fun. I had the chance to be part of the show but I had stupid flip flops on so I lost my opportunity due to saftey. I was wicked bummed out. This morning we left enroute to Indy. I don't have to much to say about todays ride due to Kentucky and Indiana being 2 of the dullest states I have ever driven through. We are at a nice hotel tonight in Indy. We are exhausted and are just going to stay in and watch movies. Tomorrow we will finally be in Michigan. Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment